Specialist Device Delivery Lead Job at BT – Bristol
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world.
- This role will lead the external partner relationships from a technology perspective for the largest UK operator
- Influencing external partners to the benefit of BT group has huge implications, the future roadmap of the company is defined by and steered to the evolving nature of the industry.
- This role is key to ensuring that the BT vision is understood to ensure we deliver the best in class customer solution, products and seamless integration
- This role will ensure we remain #1 in delivering the best customer experience
- This role allows us to get close with our customers to ensure we deliver what’s required for our customers and the ever changing ecosystem
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Provide technology leadership internally and externally within the chosen set of partners/vendors and with other parts of the business.
- Provide leadership to influence the partner/vendors technical strategy to the benefit of BT
- Provide input into BT’s technology strategy from the partner ecosystem
- Manage a set of partners on a day to day basis, being the point of escalation to resolve technical challenges
- Provide unequivocal support to our connected business service desk and assisting with customer queries.
- Managing the e2e solution for our corporate customer platforms. This will also provide scoping customer requirements and working with our strategic partners to design, develop and deliver key customer requirements
- Provide regular reporting on customer accounts as well as tracking customer queries, service improvements.
- Providing regular service reviews with our internal stakeholders, including continuous improvement and training to deliver fixes quicker to our customers.
- Help coordinate the portfolio of activities across the technical domain to optimise overall delivery plans within Technology Service Platforms facing the market facing units.
- Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, best practice, and customer requirements in the telecoms arena to provide technical leadership in BT.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
- Outstanding customer centric focus. Placing the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Technical expertise and understanding of the mobile ecosystem/industry specifically related to the end user device and customer solutions.
- Excellent track record of continuous improvement in a service background.
- Developing and delivering insights and reporting for our solutions.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills to deliver training to our front-line customer service representatives.
- Good communication skills with internal and external teams/customers, including the ability to articulate ideas in financial terms.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Rounded knowledge of enterprise routing functionality and networking capabilities and troubleshooting.
- Track record of influencing partners/companies/business units.
- Ability to manage vendors to ensure timely, cost-effective and appropriately resourced delivery of solutions.
- Sound understanding of commercial aspects of the mobile ecosystem.
- Strong appreciation of the key players in the mobile markets as well as their differentiation points.
- Good understanding of the wider EE/BT Business and where this role sits within that ecosystem.
- The ability to resolve potentially complex problems, through clever use of own team and existing network of contacts.
- An exciting opportunity to contribute and influence the mobile ecosystem.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Outstanding customer centric focus. Placing the customer at the heart of everything we do
Technical expertise and understanding of the mobile ecosystem/industry specifically related to the end user device and customer solutions
Excellent track record of continuous improvement in a service background
Developing and delivering insights and reporting for our solutions
Strong mentoring and coaching skills to deliver training to our front-line customer service representatives.
Good communication skills with internal and external teams/customers, including the ability to articulate ideas in financial terms.
About the Company
Company: BT –
Company Location: Bristol